College is affiliated to Indian Nursing Council, Kerala Nurses & Midwives Council, and Kerala University of Health & Allied Sciences.
how to apply
- The candidate who seeks admission under management quota should submit an application in the prescribed form available from the office, KIMS College of Nursing, Thiruvananthapuram.
- The application should reach the Principal, College of Nursing, KIMS, before the stipulated date.
- Incomplete application without requisite documents will not be entertained
The following documents (photocopies) should be forwarded along with the application form:
- Attested copies of mark list. (SSLC & plus Two and concerned degree certificate)
- Two passport size photographs
- Self addressed stamped envelope (8″ x4″).
Bsc (n), PcBsc (n) and Msc (n)
The College admits the students as per Government norms prescribed every year.
- Selection will be on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examination.
- The candidate should produce the certificates in original during interview
- The list of selected candidates under management quota will be displayed on notice board of KIMS College of Nursing and also the selected candidates will be informed by post.
- The decision of interview panel will be final.
- The candidate admitted under NRI quota should pay the fees from the NRI account of relatives (father, mother, brother, sister cousin, uncle & aunt).
- If any candidate (Management quota / Government quota) discontinues the course, after the closing of admissions as notified by the Government of Kerala, the candidate should pay the compensation for the remaining course tuition fees.
- The candidate selected under management /Government quota should undergo a physical examination and routine blood check up by a clinical doctor of KIMS and if found unfit admission will be denied.
- The candidate should sign and produce bond containing the rules and regulations of College of Nursing and mandatory requirement at the time of admission.
Post Basic Diploma in Emergency and Disaster Nursing
- Selection board will be the panel of members from KNMC and College Board.
- Selection will be on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examination
List of Original documents to be produced at the time of interview
- Interview Card
- Certificate to prove date of birth
- Relevant certificates
- Conduct Certificate from the Institution last attended
- Certificates to prove proficiency in extra curricular activity, if any.
- Migration Certificate from the concerned institution (studied outside Kerala)
- Transfer Certificate.
- Physical fitness certificate from a registered medical practitioner
- Six Passport Size Photographs.
- Foreign students:
- Sponsorship certificate
- Employment certificate of the parents
- Student Visa Status
- NOC from Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Permission from Government of India
- Eligibility Certificate from INC & Kerala University of Health Sciences
- Equivalency Certificate from (Association of Indian University, New Delhi)
Rules and Regulations
- The students will be directly under the disciplinary control of the Principal and should abide by the rules and regulations of the Institution.
- The students should always maintain the standard and decorum of the College.
- Management will not be responsible for the loss of any valuables belonging to students.
- Students should get permission from the Principal to visit relatives in the hospital wards.
- Students shall receive authorized visitors only at visitors’ room. (Hostel).
- Students are liable for dismissal for misconduct, inefficiency or neglect of duty, in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Institution, which are read and accepted by them.
- Students should submit their assignments and complete their records on time before entering into the next academic year, failing which they will not be permitted to attend classes or clinical (the student will be considered as absentee during these days.
- Parents Teachers Meetings are organized after each sessional examination and during emergency to discuss the academic program and discipline .
Anti ragging cell
- There is an anti-ragging cell functioning in the College of Nursing, headed by Principal. Students and their guardian should sign a contract stating the rules and regulation of ragging concerned.
- The students will be given the contact numbers for communicating in emergency situation.
Candidate should remit the fees as stipulated by Government or Management during the first month of every academic year.
The students should wear the prescribed uniform throughout the class/duty hours. The uniform should be kept neat and tidy.
Internal Examination, University Examination, Attendance And Regular Record
- The students are expected to maintain high academic and clinical standards of performance throughout the programme.
- Regular class tests are conducted subject wise and will be recorded in the register.
- At the end of each academic year, a model examination is conducted before the University Examination.
- Statement of internal marks will be made on the basis of regular marks obtained from regular sessional exam and model examination. Progress record is to be signed by the parents at the meeting conducted after each sessional examination .
- A record of clinical evaluation is made to assess the standard of performance of the students.
- General conduct / behaviour will be considered as one parameter for finalizing the internal assessment.
- Those who do not obtain 50 % mark in internal examination are not permitted to appear for university examination.
- A cumulative record is maintained for each student.
- A student who is absent for a total of more than 60 days continuously within a period of three months during the academic year is not permitted to continue the course with the same batch. In that case he /she may have to obtain special sanction from the higher authorities – concerned University.
- Students who pass the examination at a subsequent appearance shall be ranked in second class. Students who pass the examination subject by subject also shall be ranked in second class.
- Candidate shall not be admitted to the subsequent examination unless the candidate has passed the previous examination.
- On completion of course, each student will be provided with a detailed transcript.