What Constitutes Ragging ?????
- Any conduct by a student or students whether by words spoken or written by an
act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a
fresher or any other student.
- Indulging in rowdy or indisciplined activities by any student or students which
causes or likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or
to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student.
- Asking any student to do an act which
such student will not in the
ordinary course do and which has the
effect of causing or generating a sense of shame or torment or embarrassment so
as to adversely affect the physique of such fresher or any other student.
- Any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts, and disturbs the regular
academic activity of any other student or a fresher.
- Exploiting the services of a fresher or
any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or
a group of students.
- Any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure of burden put on a
fresher or any other student by students.
- Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it: sexual abuse, homosexual
assaults, and stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures causing bodily
harm or any danger to the health of the person.
- Any act or abuse by spoken words , emails, posts , public insults, which would
also include deriving perverted pleasures, vicarious or sadistic thrill for
actively or passively participating in the discomfiture to fresher or any other student.
- Any act that affects the mental health or self confidence of a fresher or any
other student with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing
off power, authority and superiority by a student over a fresher or any other