Our parent Hospital KIMS (Kerala Institute of Medical Sciences, Trivandrum) 500 bedded multi specialty hospital is accredited by NABH and ACHSI. A competent team of specialists and sophisticated technology come together to deliver high-quality medical aid. At KIMS, we have everything you need to make a safe decision regarding your health and healthcare requirements, conforming to global standards. The entire KIMS Hospital complex with its various specialties is made available to the students for clinical experience.
The institution is also affiliated to various government institutions for the provision of diverse clinical exposure to students during their learning process (The Regional Cancer Center, Trivandrum, The Women and Children Hospital, Thycaud, The Mental Health Center, Trivandrum, General Hospital, Trivandrum SCTIMST, Trivandrum, Govt. Model Hospital, Peroorkada, NIMHANS, Bangalore and Primary Health Centers etc)
Our Nursing Skills Lab provides realistic clinical environment filled with equipments and simulation tools for the students to practice the application of nursing theory.
The simulation method allows students to repeatedly practice their clinical skills until they develop a sense of proficiency; to learn at their own pace; and to freely make mistakes. Simulations is an educational process that can replicate clinical practices in a safe environment.
There are two hostels function under the supervision of Principal, College Of Nursing. Hostel facilities are available only for girls.
Transportation facilities are available for the students and faculty
Sunder SNA and NSS units a number of opportunities are offered to the students to motivate and develop their skills and talents at various levels. The students are being guided by experts in various activities conducted by SNA at local, state and national levels.
Induction programme for Freshers
- A Health record is maintained in the College to monitor the health status of the students. Health Insurance up to Rs. One Lakh / year is available for graduate students.
Well equipped and advanced library is functioning with more than 6000 books and 18 journals (11 national and 7 international) including internet facilities. A fully automated additional Library is also available in the Hospital building for the student and faculty references. There are more than 100 online journals.
- The entire KIMS Hospital complex with its various specialties is made available to the students for clinical experience.
- The College is also affiliated to various reputed hospitals for the clinical experience (The Regional Cancer Center, Thiruvananthapuram, The Women and Children Hospital, Thycaud, The Mental Health Center, Peroorkada, SCTIMST,Thiruvananthapuram, Govt.Model Hospital, Peroorkada, , NIMHANS, Bangalore and Primary Health Centers )
- A well organized community health centres are affiliated for clinical experiences.
- Nursing College & Paramedical Coordinating Committee
- College Council
- Academic Curriculum Committee
- Faculty Coordination Committee
- Disciplinary Committee
- Library Committee
- Hostel Committee / Hostel Monitoring Committee
- Guidance & Counseling Committee
- Student Welfare /Grievance Committee
- Research Committee
- Institution Review Board
- Committee against caste discrimination
- Student support and Guidance Cell
- Anti –Narcotic Club